Why I Love Nonprofits
I’ve been fortunate to have worked with several nonprofit organizations over the last several years. They have the ability to do minor website updates but still use me to add features, install plugins, keep their site updated, etc. It’s a combination that works well for both of us, since we are both actively involved in keeping their website updated and fresh.
One of my nonprofit clients, Development Centers, has been especially enjoyable. The marketing director is organized with updates needed, specifying the page, post, image or video that we’re working on and is clear about what’s needed. This saves time since I always know that any updates are going to be an efficient use of my time. And more importantly, they are saving money for the same reason.
Nonprofit Website Needs
- Make it easy for donors to give (Network for Good, PayPal Donations, among others)
- Integrate social media so users can connect with you
- Make it easy to volunteer
- Add important or interesting facts (client displays rotating statistics on their home page)
- Ensure content is relevant, and imagery is appealing
- Incorporate SEO so your website is easily found
- Mobile friendly
- Blog regularly
- Add a compelling call to action on every page
How I Help Nonprofit Organizations
I offer the technical tools needed for a successful website, giving them the ability to update news and events, integrate donation options, image galleries and video. Most importantly I provide a partnership for their website that includes assistance, knowledge, and peace of mind, all at an affordable cost.
If you are a nonprofit and would like help with your existing website or need a new website, contact me and we can discuss your project.
by Norm Euker